At Fern Hill, we value the important things
Not unlike the Dylan Thomas poem from which we take our name, the Fern Hill School experience is an awakening. The poem recalls memories of childhood and reflects on the journey from childhood innocence to adulthood. At Fern Hill, we feel very privileged to play such an important role in a child’s journey from small preschooler to confident grade eight student.
The years from preschool to grade eight are formative. What children learn, how they learn it and the support they are provided along the way sets them on a path for the rest of their life. With the help of Fern Hill parents, we make sure it’s the right path.
We also make sure that our students have fun along the way.
At Fern Hill we believe and value:
- The inherent potential within each child must be recognized, respected and nurtured.
- Children develop best when there is an active, willing partnership between school and family.
- Teachers are important role models, guides and mentors. Developing strong connections between teachers and students is most effective in small class settings.
- An enriching, challenging and supportive environment is necessary for personal development. Our curriculum teaches skills and strategies that foster the acquisition of knowledge, critical thinking and creative problem solving.
- A lifelong love of learning is essential to personal happiness and success.
- We grow and flourish by recognizing, respecting and appreciating each other’s similarities as well as our differences.