“The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” C.S. Lewis
“The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles, but to irrigate deserts.” – C. S. Lewis
Fern Hill Vision
In keeping with the Fern Hill School philosophy, the expertise of teachers and the support of parents, our vision is to graduate students with a dedication to academic excellence, a strong sense of personal worth and confidence in their talents and abilities.
Fern Hill School community will:
- Guide your child from dependent to independent learning.
- Provide expanding opportunities for individual self-direction and creativity as your child matures.
- Stress high academic standards and a strong commitment to the process of learning.
- Create a learning environment that is stimulating, innovative, tolerant and joyful; a place where intellectual inquiry and curiosity are valued, promoted and encouraged.
- Foster a healthy concept of self and a robust sense of personal worth by recognizing and encouraging each child’s unique potential and talent.
- Champion student involvement in the community.
- Encourage community involvement in the school.
- Demonstrate and nurture the fundamental values of integrity, trust and respect.
Actions speak louder than words — we invite you to come and see our vision in action.