NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2024-25 ACADEMIC YEAR
- We begin accepting Applications for admissions in October of the year before the student is scheduled to start. We encourage families to contact our Admissions office directly so we can answer any questions you might have and to gain an appreciation for our programmes.
- Preschool, JK, SK: Interactive Readiness Assessments are conducted in person to assess the best match of each child’s needs to our academic programme. Social interaction and behavioural development is assessed at age appropriate levels. Preschool children must be toilet trained.
- Grades 1 to 3: Written tests in Language and Mathematics. Reading is a requirement for the Grade 1 level.
- Grades 4 to 8: Written tests measure the student’s grade level in Reading Comprehension, Spelling, Sentence Structure and Mathematics. There is also a personal interview.
- All students applying to JK through Grade 8, are required to request that their current school complete our Early Years Observation Report (PS to Grade 1) or Confidential School Report (Grade 2 to Grade 8). The feeder school will email this Confidential School Report directly back to Fern Hill. No student will be assessed unless we have received our completed Confidential School Report prior to the assessment.
- Rolling admissions may be possible in classes where we have a confirmed space. Where classes are full or where the number of applications are high, Conditional Acceptance Offers will be issued and applicants will be waitlisted for the classes for which you are applying. Our annual re-enrolment for current families takes place in February and at that time Final Offers will be confirmed as places become available. Once an offer is extended, families are required to confirm acceptance of the offer on or before the date specified by submitting our New Student Registration Agreement and the associated fee in order to secure the student’s space in the class. Tuition Fee payments will then follow.
- Availability for mid-year transfers may be possible depending on enrolment and waiting lists.
- To study at Fern Hill, elementary school age International students must be verbally fluent in English to participate fully in Junior Kindergarten and fluent and confident in both written and verbal English skills from Senior Kindergarten to Grade 8 to participate fully in class. We do not have English as a Second Language classes. To be accepted at Fern Hill, International Students must have a valid Student Visa or a Permanent Resident Card (Grade 1-8) and must be living with a family member.
Email Oakville Campus: email@example.com
Email Burlington Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org