Interested in being part of our team?
At Fern Hill we we want to know where your interests lie! On a timetable rotation similar to high schools, our staff teach one or two subjects across a variety of grades. When we go to the market, we are looking for a Math teacher or a Geography teacher rather than a grade generalist. When you apply to us, tell us about the subjects that are your passion and your experience in and out of the classroom in these subjects.
We require that applicants have a degree in Education and a current Ontario Teaching Certificate. Preschool teachers should have an Early Childhood Education Certificate.
Fern Hill – Burlington Campus
Full time Computer Teacher position beginning September 2021.
- Bachelor of Education
- Ontario Teaching Certification (OCT) in good standing
- A degree in Computer Science or related discipline would be an asset
- Strong organizational skills and energy for working in a vibrant community-based school
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with children, colleagues and parents
- Experience with Mac, Google, Microsoft Office 365 would be an asset
- Experience in a private school is preferred
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Planning lessons and activities that facilitate students’ acquisition of basic and advanced computer skills to Grades 1-8 students
- Instructing in a manner that develops students’ confidence in their abilities
- Observing and managing classroom dynamics
- Invigilating and grading projects, tests, and examinations
- Ensuring that the computer laboratory/ mobile lab always organized and in excellent working order
- Downloading important software updates and maintaining hardware
- Supporting teachers with day-to-day technology issues that may arise and working with our Director of Technology to troubleshoot these issues
We invite interested applicants to send a cover letter, resumé and references by
Friday, August 7, 2021 email@example.com
Burlington and Oakville Campus
Supply positions for French, Science, Math, Vocal and Instrumental Music, or Art
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume.