Interested in being part of our team?
At Fern Hill we we want to know where your interests lie! On a timetable rotation similar to high schools, our staff teach one or two subjects across a variety of grades. When we go to the market, we are looking for a Math teacher or a Geography teacher rather than a grade generalist. When you apply to us, tell us about the subjects that are your passion and your experience in and out of the classroom in these subjects.
We require that applicants have a degree in Education and a current Ontario Teaching Certificate and/or their Early Childhood Education Certificate (Preschool and JK only).
Contact our Administration at: email@example.com
Current Positions – Updated March 29, 2019
- Full-time Junior/Intermediate Language & Drama teacher for September, 2019
- Supply positions for English,Music, Band and Art teachers
Fern Hill School– Burlington Campus is seeking a qualified Junior/Intermediate English/Drama Teacher to fill a full time teaching position beginning September 2019.
- Bachelor of Education with Junior/Intermediate qualifications.
- Ontario Teaching Certification (OCT) in good standing.
- Under-graduate degree and/or additional qualifications in English/Drama an asset;
- Strong organizational skills and energy for working in a vibrant community-based school;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with children, colleagues and parents;
- Experience in a private school is preferred.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate:
- Creative, innovative, and positive approach to teaching;
- Understands the needs of students and goes beyond the call of duty;
- Excellent classroom management, organization and planning skills;
- Thrives in a positive team environment and easily adapts to new things;
- Communicates with parents, students, and co-workers in a respectful and supportive manner;
- Confident solving problems and providing solutions when issues arise;
- Works with a high standard of integrity.
We invite interested applicants to send a cover letter, resumé and references by Wednesday, May 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.